Grants awarded by BHHCT
Almost £4 million in grant awards
The Trust has so far given out a total of almost £4 million in grants for the repair and restoration of churches and chapels in Beds and Herts.
In 2021-22, £139,500 in grants was awarded to 20 different churches.
In 2021-22 grants were awarded to:
- Ashwell, URC: vestry floor repair £5,000
- Clothall, St Mary the Virgin: fabric repairs £2,000
- Dunstable, Priory Church of St Pater: organ repair £10,000
- Furneux Pelham, St Mary the Virgin: Roof repairs £10,000
- Great Gaddesden, St John the Baptist: £5,000 for roof repair
- Great Wymondley, St Mary the Virgin: reconstruct floor £7,000
- Houghton Regis, All Saints: major drainage works £10,000
- Kempston, Church of the Transfiguration: roof repair £10,000
- Langleybury, St Paul: heating & lighting £7,500
- Meppershall, St Mary the Virgin: fabric and drainage £10,000
- Milton Bryan, St Peter: structural support investigation £5,000
- Oakley, St Mary: repairs to clock £3,000
- Old Warden, St Leonard: fabric and plaster repair £10,000
- Renhold, Baptist Chapel: roof replacement £10,000
- Royston, St John the Baptist: lighting replacement £7,000
- Shelton St Mary: Surface water disposal £12,000
- Standon St Mary Monument repairs £1,000
- Wigginton, St Bartholomew: repairs to masonry £8,000
- Wilstone, St Cross: access improvements £3,000
- Wrestlingworth, St Peter: stonework repair to turret £10,000
The North Bedfordshire Church of St Mary, Shelton dates from the 12th century and remains almost as it was when built, with no subsequent alterations.
We awarded St Mary's £12,000 to replace the entire surface water drainage system. Read the full story on our news page.